Hear more about this job!
Interview with Frederik Williams, Software Development Manager
Who you are
You’re a seasoned coding pro with a deep knowledge of infrastructure, databases, and all things backend. You’re a mental acrobat, driven by autonomously working through complicated challenges until the right solution becomes clear. You’ve seen bad code in your career, so you know the importance of good code and how to achieve it using all the tools in your belt.
You enjoy being part of a well-functioning team and learning from talented colleagues – that is, as long as you have the freedom to manage your time, tasks, and projects your way.
At the office, you like a dynamic, international vibe. And is it so much to ask for some office ping pong, foosball, and a gaming console? (It isn’t.)
Who we are
We’re a high-growth tech scale-up made up of vibrant, innovative people from all over the globe who believe in online fairness for all. We help some of the world’s biggest companies manage their busiest days. Our virtual waiting room prevents their websites from crashing and lets them control traffic inflow, allowing them to run smooth sales and registrations while ensuring a fair experience for billions of online visitors.
We've been in business for over a decade now, but we still maintain a strong startup culture. This creates an environment that fosters team spirit, encourages continuous collaboration, promotes constant knowledge sharing, and champions an agile approach to work.
We may be headquartered in Copenhagen, but our team represents around 40 different nationalities and is 40% female. That means diversity and inclusion are major priorities for us. If you’re the right candidate but you don’t live in Denmark, we’re open to supporting relocation costs to bring you into our team.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you’ll work with an autonomous product team that translates in-depth business knowledge into innovative solutions and loveable software. The team is responsible for all stages between the idea and final product, including design, architecture, implementation, testing, and operations – and you’ll have the chance to help with all of it.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies and open-source frameworks and see your work used by billions of end-users.
Because we help some of the world’s biggest organizations run smooth online events, our systems need to be high quality and error-proof. To do this, we put trust in our developers. You are closest to the code, so you can (and should) see the weird edge cases and take pre-emptive actions to make our codebase resilient.
In other words, our developers aren’t ticket-takers; you’re the core of operations.
What you get to do every day
- Work with a diverse group of passionate, professional, and agile software engineers
- Speak your mind, expect to be heard, and strive to make a difference
- Use optimal tools for the job and work with a broad range of technologies such as .Net Core, C#, Node.js, TypeScript, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, Docker, Angular, and more - see our stack
- Freedom and time to work on your own ideas, learn new technologies stay current with the latest trends and tools
- Benefit from a flexible workday, where you plan and organize your own time, tasks, and WFH schedule, so you can enjoy a balanced work-life
What you bring to the team
- 4-40 years experience in software development (the number of years is less important than the quality of your experience)
- Ability to work in such tools as TypeScript, C#, Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development (TDD), and agile processes
- Solid English communication skills, both written and verbal (Danish not required)
- You like taking initiative, working autonomously, and bringing tasks to completion
- If you get stuck on a problem, you’re ready to try creative solutions to un-stick yourself (your managers are here to help, but they aren’t fans of micromanaging)
- Can work independently, but know that it is a team effort
- Technical education or bachelor's degree (in engineering, for example) would be an advantage
The position is full-time and starts as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, contact our CTO and Co-Founder Martin Pronk at email@example.com.
The Queue-it headquarters is in Kødbyen (Meatpacking District), about 800 meters from the central Copenhagen train station. Employees should be local (we support relocation!) but can enjoy the flexibility to work from home or in the office.
Click the apply button to send your CV and application in English and let us know why you’re excited to help us grow. We can’t wait to welcome you to the team!
Queue-it is committed to employing a diverse staff. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Queue-it is growing! That means we're accepting applications for this position on an ongoing basis. Please don't hesitate to apply, even if the posting date is not recent. We are also opening new positions on a regular basis. If we feel your CV is more applicable to another role, we will ask if you would like to be considered.