Who you are
You’re a developer who’s always got the end-user in mind. You see web pages from their perspective and demand nothing but the best for their experience. Your browser bookmarks are filled with design inspiration and industry news sites, keeping you sharp on the latest trends.
Although you’re creative, you’re not up in the clouds: you’ve got the tech and project management skills to execute on a vision with time to spare. You like working with customers and enjoy the challenge of delivering the right design for the right context.
You’re looking to join an innovative, international workplace that appreciates and cultivates your natural talents, where you can bring your full self to work and do what you do best. You want an office that is flexible, fun, and values your unique insight.
Who we are
We’re a high-growth tech scale-up made up of vibrant, innovative people from all over the globe who believe in making the internet fairer for everyone. We help some of the world’s biggest companies manage their busiest days, giving them peace of mind to deliver the online experience they’ve worked hard to create, no matter the demand. Our virtual waiting room takes the burden off their websites, allowing them to keep things running smoothly while ensuring a fair, first-in-first-out waiting experience for billions of online visitors.
Weve been in business for over a decade now, but we still maintain a strong startup culture. This creates an environment that fosters team spirit, encourages continuous collaboration, promotes constant knowledge sharing, and champions an agile approach to work.
While we’re headquartered in Copenhagen, the team represents around 40 different nationalities. That means diversity and inclusion are major priorities for us. If you’re the right candidate but you don’t live in Denmark, we’re open to supporting relocation costs to bring you into our team.
As a Queue-it Front-End Developer, you will join our dynamic, diverse Solutions Team as a crucial contributor to delivering custom-designed virtual waiting room pages for prestigious global brands. You’ll work closely with customers and the team to ensure sleek, responsive, and optimized designs that will delight end-users while they wait.
What you get to do every day
- Assist customers with front-end design and implementation of Queue-it customer queue pages (for web/mobile/tablets) using HTML5, responsive design, and mobile experience (Check out examples at: queue-it.com/waiting-room-gallery)
- Collaborate with other technology and sales team members to deliver on customer design, vision, and implementation
- Engage directly with customers regarding front-end design projects
- Collaborate with the team to continuously improve our design toolbox
What you bring to the team
- 3+ years experience with HTML, CSS, and graphic design
- 2-3 years experience from a similar position
- Documented experience with creating design solutions with a high visual impact
- A portfolio that showcases your excellent graphic design skills
- Strong and creative graphic design skills.
- High proficiency in Adobe CC (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Figma and/or other interface design tools.
- UI/UX is your true passion, and you are an expert within the field
- Proactive, self-starter, flexible, and results-oriented
- Excited about the web, new technology, and design trends
- A natural when it comes to engaging with customers
The position is full-time and starts as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, contact Solutions Team Lead Adam Jakab at email@example.com.
The Queue-it headquarters is in Kødbyen (Meatpacking District), about 800 meters from the central Copenhagen train station. Employees should be local (we support relocation!) but can enjoy the flexibility to work from home or in the office.
Click the apply button to send your CV and application in English and let us know why you’re excited to help us grow. We can’t wait to welcome you to the team!
Queue-it is committed to employing a diverse staff. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.