Business Development · Copenhagen - DK
You're a sharp, data-loving engineer, ready for your next challenge. We're an industry-leading tech company in rocketship growth mode, ready to put our data to work. Let's join forces and make a mark.
Hear more about this job!
Interview with Hiring Manager, Lucas Ricolleau
Who you are
You're a data fanatic. You get excited by transforming raw information into usable business insights that chart a path forward. You're quick to find the signal in the noise, and even when you're in the weeds, your mind's eye is always on the bigger picture.
You have a sharply analytical mind, as well as the ability to design and develop complex data models following best practices. You are energized by the thought of combining your business understanding with your tech know-how.
At the office, you prefer a diverse, international team that appreciates the value of balancing hard work with rewarding leisure. You thrive in dynamic, challenging environments, and you aren't shy about speaking your mind when you have good ideas.
Who we are
We’re a high-growth technology company made up of vibrant, innovative people from all over the globe who believe in making the internet just a little fairer for everyone. We help some of the world’s biggest companies manage their busiest days, giving them peace of mind to deliver the online experience they’ve worked hard to create, no matter the demand. By providing online virtual waiting rooms, we take the burden off their websites, allowing them to keep things running smoothly while ensuring a fair, first-in-first-out waiting experience for literally billions of online visitors.
We've been in business for over a decade now, but we still maintain a strong startup culture. This creates an environment that fosters team spirit, encourages continuous collaboration, promotes constant knowledge sharing, and champions an agile approach to work.
While we’re based in Copenhagen, the team represents 30+ different nationalities. That means diversity and inclusion are major priorities for us. If you’re the right candidate but you don’t live in Denmark, we’re open to supporting relocation costs to bring you into our team.
As a Data Engineer at Queue-it, you will have the chance to support the development of a new BI area from the ground up. You will come ready with reflective, evidence-backed ideas for creating a solid department foundation during a critical juncture in our growth.
As Queue-it is in rocketship-mode, we have increasing needs for analyzing large volumes of data for our Sales and Marketing teams. You will dive into multiple data sources and tie them together to generate insights that can enable all our teams to make better business decisions.
You will have a critical impact on this new area, and as such, you'll be leaving an important mark on the company as a whole.
What you get to do every day
- Help us choose and implement data tools and technologies that will be used
- Build robust and scalable ETL process as the groundwork of the BI department
- Lead technical decisions and communicate clearly with stakeholders
- Help ensure the maintenance of correct Master data
- Work across the organization to continuously set up and deliver reports on relevant KPIs.
- Create clear and actionable analytics products (tables, dashboards, algorithms, etc.) that will be used daily at Queue-it
- Provide data management and Excel assistance with more complex computational tasks across the organization
- Establish a new department within Queue-it, where you will evangelize effective use of data
What you bring to the team
Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree, preferably in IT, Data Analytics, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent education or experience)
Experience: 2-4 years of experience from a similar position
- Multiple years of experience in data warehousing, modeling, ETL process, data visualization and dashboarding
- Excellent understanding of B2B SaaS business model and success metrics
- Knowledge in SQL and Programming Language (R, Python)
- Experience with CRM systems (such as HubSpot & Microsoft Dynamics)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus
- Superuser in Excel, and visualisation tools like Power BI, Tableau or similar
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Mindset: Genuine excitement to initiate a new area, which will guide the marketing, customer success, and business development teams in identifying new opportunities.
The position is full-time and starts as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact Lucas Ricolleau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Queue-it headquarters is currently located in Ballerup, but will be moving to central Copenhagen in summer 2021. Employees should be local (we support relocation!), but can enjoy the flexibility to work from home or in the office.
Click the apply button to send your CV and application in English, and let us know why you’re excited to help us grow. We can’t wait to welcome you to the team!
Queue-it is committed to employing a diverse staff. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.